Thursday, September 2, 2010

Bun in the Sun



 
We survived our week long stay in Maui, which means, I survived the seven hours of being trapped in an airplane as well as a red eye flight back home. We arrived at 9pm Maui time – 12am Washington time – and met my parents and sister and her boyfriend for dinner. I was beyond exhausted and looking forward to getting out of the humid heat, putting my swollen feet up and lying down in a bed. Much to my surprise, this Hawaiian condo we stayed at failed to mention online that it lacks one very, very important thing for a pregnant woman – air conditioning. I’d like to complain more about it; however, the fact that I was able to go to Maui, being eight months pregnant, for seven days, leaves me no room to complain.




The six of us, plus the lil pea in the pod, made our way to a different beach each day. And I was even able to go snorkeling, which proved to be difficult and quite tiring on both my lungs and body, but well worth it! Ryan suggested we follow the famous “Road to Hana” and go visit old Hawaii. Seemed like a great idea, it was only a 51 mile trek there…that took three plus hours because of the one-lane road, steep cliffs and switchbacks. If our marriage survived that, it can survive anything because being in a car for over three hours, swerving back and forth, stopping every few miles to let cars by and edges that looked like they were going to give is truly not my idea of a good time. We also treated my parents to the Black Rock Luau, which was amazing. Buffet style dinner (always a plus during pregnancy) and great entertainment made for a memorable night for all of us.


Unfortunitly like all good things, our babymoon to Maui came to an end and we found ourselves boarding a fairly small plane for a red eye flight to San Fransisco. As our last prebaby vacation, I’d say it was an overall success. Great time, great company, great food, great memories and great weather.

1 comment:

  1. It looks like you all had a great time! I love the snorkeling picture, you never get to see a preggo underwater very often:)

    ReplyDelete