Friday, September 10, 2010

Being Busy...

So here I am one month and one day before Baby M’s due date. I feel like there is a ton to do and each day I keep stacking more and more on my plate which I am sure will lead to ultimate failure. However, I feel like certain things need to be done, such as organizing the laundry room shelves; shelves that were already perfectly organized before. This must have to do with what they call “nesting”. But it doesn’t totally make sense. Here I am exhausted, riddled with emotions, not sleeping well, and fairly uncomfortable, but I continue to make my to do, to buy, to clean, to organize lists longer and longer.

In the mean time, the kitchen is almost totally finished. We still need to redo the floors, paint the molding and trim with another coat of white and pick out a backsplash. All things we had wanted to do before October, but looks like it might have to wait until Ryan takes his maternity leave.

Let us not forget what the kitchen has looked like the last two years, thank you to my Harley-Davidson husband. It was nice while it lasted...ha.

BEFORE


AFTER



I’ve also felt quite crafty these last few weeks. It started with decorating, then went to scrapbooking (which I am still up to my waist in) and has continued on to sewing. A friend started making baby toys for her daughter and I feel in love with them, so I figured I would try my hand at my own. By hand I mean hand sewing…which has led me to add sewing machine to my to buy list…The toys are a work in progress, but will be, yet another thing to keep me busy this next month and one day!


No comments:

Post a Comment